As some of you may know we celebrated our tenth anniversary as a business in March this year. Now, I often compare AR years to dog years and it’s fair to say that we’ve seen incredible developments in our field over this time. With our mission to democratize AR - to make it robust, scalable, and affordable for everyone - we’ve had a front-row seat into how XR has evolved over the last decade.
We’ve witnessed first hand how it’s delivered a new camera capability for businesses; how it’s unlocked a new service offering for immersive agencies, empowering the next generation of developers and designers; as well as creating new engagement channels across sectors spanning retail, consumer products, licensing and entertainment, education and L&D to name a few.
But we have clearly not been alone in the last ten years in driving greater understanding, and interest in XR. So as we celebrate our 10th anniversary we wanted to share the expertise and experience of some of the key players across the spectrum who have shone a light on best practice and the measurable power of XR in our industry.
So, we are delighted to announce that we will be launching our 10x10 Sessions next week - a series of inspiring ten-minute (or so) interviews with the great and the good sharing their lessons learned in XR from their respective fields as well as their thoughts on the future. We’ve spoken to brands, agencies, platform owners, tools specialists, hardware and software developers, educators, subject matter experts, and more.
Series one features:
- Alban Denoyel - CEO & Founder, Sketchfab
- Antonia Forster - Senior Advocate / XR Technical Specialist, Unity
- Charlie Fink - XR Consultant, Forbes Columnist, and Author
- Carli Johnston - CXO and Co-Founder, Virtual Method
- David Francis - CEO and Co-Founder, Virtual Method
- Joe Millward - Innovation Manager, TAFE NSW
- Maryam Sabour - Business Development Lead, Niantic
- Richard Hess - Immersive Experience Lead, Nestle
- Ori Inbar - Founder at Super Ventures and AWE
- Scott Kegley - Executive Director of Digital Media & Innovation, Minnesota Vikings
- Mark Hewitt - Founder, Connected Experience Consulting
- Dominic Collins - CEO and Co-Founder, Darabase
- Laurie Ainley - Co-Founder and CTO, Poplar Studio
- David Ripert - Co-Founder and CEO, Poplar Studio
- Simon Windsor - Co-Founder and Co-MD, Dimension Studio
- Greg Hough - Digital Projects Manager – Shopper Science Lab, GSK
We hope to see you here next week when we launch the first five sessions and would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who has contributed to this already and those yet to come (we have a second series currently in the works which is exciting!).
We hope this series helps further democratize XR and inspire the next generation of spatial storytellers out there.