We are Zappar, the world’s leading Augmented Reality platform and creative studio. It's our mission to democratize AR & MR.
During our decade in the industry, our Creative Studio team has built over a thousand AR experiences in partnership with some of the world's biggest brands. Our team has been pioneers in showcasing how AR technology can transform packaging, illuminate events and elevate marketing campaigns with innovative, engaging content.
Our Augmented reality development toolkit, ZapWorks, puts the power of AR in the hands of designers and developers. Targeting a wide range of business customers, from Learning & Development teams at Fortune 500 companies, to some of the most innovative AR creative agencies across the world, our platform and suite of creative tools enables customers of all levels of technical and design abilities to push the boundaries of interactive creativity.
We are also the proud creators of ZapBox, the first affordable, mixed reality kit that allows developers and businesses to reimagine how they design, build and create 3D experiences.
What we're looking for:
We’re on the hunt for a Talent Manager to grab hold of our recruitment with both hands and help to fill Zappar with more amazing people. We suspect you may have been a Technical Recruiter in a past life as a lot of our roles fall into the tech, product, marketing and sales space.
We’re entering a growth period so you’ll need to be super organised, strong enough to keep our hiring managers on track and experienced in hunting down great candidates. We have some processes set-up but it’s a great opportunity to put in place some amazing new talent initiatives such as working on our diversity and inclusion, employer branding and ensuring our hiring managers are upskilled and trained in interview practices.
What you’ll be doing:
- Owning the whole recruitment lifecycle and ensuring we secure and retain great talent across Zappar.
- Identifying, outlining and implementing a talent attraction strategy in conjunction with internal hiring managers
- Helping to improve on our diversity and inclusion through hiring practices.
- Working on ongoing talent projects around interview techniques, talent attraction, establishing our EVP and taking that out to market and employer branding to name a few.
- Bringing your knowledge of the market to discussions on hiring and challenging hiring managers where necessary.
- Acting as an ambassador for Zappar at external careers events.
A few things about you:
Although these things would also be a bonus:
- Technical recruitment experience: open minded as to whether that is agency or in-house but being able to not just talk a good game, but understand what it is that both our internal teams and candidates are looking for and working with is key.
- You run a tight ship with a good grace: you keep hiring managers running to schedule, you respond to candidates in a timely way, you’re personable and friendly while doing it.
- Understanding of the current tech recruitment market: our managers will look to you for intel on what other companies are offering so we can make sure we remain competitive.
- You provide kind but realistic guidance to managers: you’re experienced in the hunt and you share that experience to manage expectations.
- You love the numbers: you use data to illustrate, refine and communicate.
- Knowledge of or an interest in immersive technology.
- Experience within an agency setting or a SaaS business.
- Experience working with budgets.
Other than the exciting work, any other pluses to working at Zappar?
While our Zappar family has got a lovely (dog-friendly!) office in beautiful, leafy Chiswick complete with shower facilities, bike storage and surrounded by some amazing shops, coffee shops and pubs, we run a ‘work where you work best’ policy (UK only) so you can be fully remote if you wish. We operate flexible start and finish times to make life a bit easier for anyone who wants to spend time with their children, join an exercise class or just have a lie in!
For those in the office, we have Friday drinks and we have a quarterly town hall where we all get together for updates on the company performance. Our socials have included tours of the Sipsmith’s distillery and a team scavenger hunt across London. We truly are at the cutting edge of AR and have been recognized as one of Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’.
We actively encourage underrepresented applicants: if you need any assistance or additional information with applying, please contact Alys Martin (Head of People).