We are Zappar, an AR platform and creative studio rolled into one. It's our mission to democratize AR & MR.
Our team have created groundbreaking experiences for the world's biggest brands - showcasing how AR technology can transform packaging, illuminate events and elevate marketing campaigns with innovative, engaging content.
Our ZapWorks toolkit puts the power of AR in the hands of designers and developers, enabling them to push the boundaries of interactive creativity, both with and without code.
We are also the proud creators of ZapBox, the first and most affordable, mixed reality kit on the market that allows developers and businesses to design, build and create 3D experiences at a price-point for the mass market.
Here at Zappar we have adapted to working from home during the pandemic and have taken a flexible stance in regards to where we prefer to work. We offer the option to work from home but are looking for someone who has the flexibility to come into the Chiswick office when required, such as for specific meetings or events.
What we're looking for:
We’re on the hunt for a Talent Acquisition Specialist to grab hold of our recruitment with both hands and help to fill Zappar with more amazing people. You're likely to be a Technical Recruiter who can also turn their hand to a broader set of vacancies as a lot of our roles fall into the tech, product, marketing and sales space. We’re entering a growth period so you’ll need to be super organised, strong enough to keep our hiring managers on track and experienced in hunting down great candidates. You'll be skilled in sourcing talent across multiple channels and be able to quickly understand what matters most to prospective candidates and how that fits with what we have to offer.
What you'll be doing:
- Owning the whole recruitment lifecycle and ensuring we secure and retain great talent across Zappar.
- Identifying, outlining and implementing a talent attraction strategy in conjunction with internal hiring managers.
- Helping to improve on our diversity and inclusion through hiring practices.
- Working on ongoing talent projects around interview techniques, talent attraction, establishing our EVP and taking that out to market and employer branding to name a few.
- Bringing your knowledge of the market to discussions on hiring and challenging hiring managers where necessary.
A few things about you:
- Technical recruitment experience: open minded as to whether that is agency or in-house but being able to not just talk a good game, but understand what it is that both our internal teams and candidates are looking for and working with is key.
- You run a tight ship and appreciate how to drive results: you keep hiring managers running to schedule, you respond to candidates in a timely way, you’re personable and friendly while doing it.
- Understanding of the current tech recruitment market: our managers will look to you for intel on what other companies are offering so we can make sure we remain competitive.
- You provide realistic guidance to managers: you’re experienced in the hunt and you share that experience to manage expectations.
- You love the numbers: you use data to illustrate, refine and communicate.
These things would also be a bonus:
- Knowledge of or an interest in immersive technology
- Experience within an agency setting or a SaaS business
- Experience working with budgets
These aren’t exhaustive by the way - if you feel you have the skills to succeed in the role, please do get in touch!
Other than the exciting work, any other pluses to working at Zappar?
Our Zappar family are based in a lovely (dog-friendly!) office in beautiful leafy Chiswick complete with shower facilities and bike storage and surrounded by some amazing shops, coffee shops and pubs. We also host a monthly Friday breakfast (or online meeting due to Covid) and a quarterly team lunch where we all get together for updates on the company performance. We truly are at the cutting edge of AR and have just been recognized as one of Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’.
We actively encourage underrepresented applicants: if you need any assistance or additional information with applying, please contact Shaun Mcinally-Buckley (Head of People).