We are Zappar, the world’s leading Augmented Reality platform and creative studio. It's our mission to democratize AR & MR.
During our decade in the industry, our Creative Studio team has built over a thousand AR experiences in partnership with some of the world's biggest brands. Our team has been pioneers in showcasing how AR technology can transform packaging, illuminate events and elevate marketing campaigns with innovative, engaging content.
Our Augmented reality development toolkit, ZapWorks, puts the power of AR in the hands of designers and developers. Targeting a wide range of business customers, from Learning & Development teams at Fortune 500 companies, to some of the most innovative AR creative agencies across the world, our platform and suite of creative tools enables customers of all levels of technical and design abilities to push the boundaries of interactive creativity.
We are also the proud creators of ZapBox, the first affordable, mixed reality kit that allows developers and businesses to reimagine how they design, build and create 3D experiences.
What you will be doing?
At Zappar we're building the next generation of content development tools for augmented, virtual and mixed reality. Central to this is our firm belief that the web will continue in its trajectory to become the one true application platform to rule them all. You'll be helping us to bring best-in-class web-based tooling to our many thousands of customers around the world, leveraging the latest in browser technologies, development environments, and methodologies.
In the first instance, you'll be working on our brand-new tool for drag-and-drop AR content development, featuring realtime collaboration, image tracking, and WebAR publishing; all build with React and delivered through the web via our ZapWorks online platform.
Skills we are looking for:
We are looking for someone to join the team that is smart, inquisitive, ambitious, collaborative and humble. The right person will have a desire to help Zappar build upon the great work that has gone before, whilst contributing a fresh perspective based on their previous professional experience.
Nice to have:
- Strong understanding and experience with React
- Experience working with Redux
- Experience working with large applications and codebases
- Experience collaborating with UI and UX designers to build functional yet beautiful interfaces
- Strong skills with revision control tools, preferably git
- Experience with bundlers, including webpack
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience with WebSockets
- Experience or experimentation with web-based 3D libraries, such as Three.js or Babylon.js
- Familiarity with product design tools, such as Miro, Figma, Adobe XD or Sketch
- Experience or experimentation with augmented reality
Your first 6 months
Here is what your first 6 months at Zappar could look like:
Within 1 month:
Within 3 months:
- Meeting the team, and joining your first stand-ups
- Getting up to speed with Zappar’s products and services
- Checkout and build of our repositories for local development
- Meeting with other key stakeholders at the company across Marketing, Sales, Customer Success and Learning & Support to understand the wider context of your work
- For ongoing projects, attending meetings and providing ideas
- Work on some self-contained tasks to get up-to-speed with our processes
Within 6 months:
- Tackling bigger tasks, such as new features
- Working closely with the wider product team
- Better understanding of our product set and who are the customers that we serve
- Working with the team on projects throughout the full development lifecycle
- You're a voice of authority on what's possible with the technology in ideation and workshopping sessions
- You are a confident communicator across the business, and able to present your work to stakeholders of multiple levels and teams
- You have developed a strong understanding of the augmented reality ecosystem and all the things that go with it
- You are contributing ideas to the roadmap from your growing understanding of the product and how it can be used and enhanced
Culture at Zappar
While our Zappar family has got a lovely (dog-friendly!) office in beautiful, leafy Chiswick complete with shower facilities, bike storage and surrounded by some amazing shops, coffee shops and pubs, we run a ‘work where you work best’ policy (UK only) so you can be fully remote if you wish. We operate flexible start and finish times to make life a bit easier for anyone who wants to spend time with their children, join an exercise class or just have a lie in!
For those in the office, we have Friday drinks and we have a quarterly town hall where we all get together for updates on the company performance. Our socials have included tours of the Sipsmith’s distillery and a team scavenger hunt across London. We truly are at the cutting edge of AR and have been recognized as one of Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’.
We actively encourage underrepresented applicants: if you need any assistance or additional information with applying, please contact Alys Martin (Head of People).