We are Zappar, an AR platform and creative studio rolled into one. It's our mission to democratize AR & MR.
Our team have created groundbreaking experiences for the world's biggest brands - showcasing how AR technology can transform packaging, illuminate events and elevate marketing campaigns with innovative, engaging content.
Our ZapWorks toolkit puts the power of AR in the hands of designers and developers, enabling them to push the boundaries of interactive creativity, both with and without code.
We are also the proud creators of ZapBox, the first and most affordable, mixed reality kit on the market that allows developers and businesses to design, build and create 3D experiences at a price-point for the mass market.
Here at Zappar we have adapted to working from home during the pandemic and have taken a flexible stance in regards to where we prefer to work. We offer the option to work from home but are looking for someone who has the flexibility to come into the Chiswick office when required, such as for specific meetings or events.
About this role:
The QA Technician is a key role for us at Zappar. We’re really passionate about the quality of execution on everything we do. So it’s a hands-on role with a number of different responsibilities making it an exciting opportunity for the right kind of person.
The ideal candidate will be able to work autonomously, defining the processes and tools needed for QA, and will be expected to gain a solid understanding of other areas of the development process to ensure that we always deliver engaging, high quality and bug-free projects.
- End to end testing on the project, including creating test plans (automated and manual), running manual tests and informal focus tests
- Ensuring builds & target designs are thoroughly checked for accuracy and consistency
- Owning all aspects of the bug database including structure, reports and best practice.
- Reporting the status of bugs to Production and running notifications for the entire development team
- Ensuring that best QA practice is maintained and espoused across the development team
- Liaising with the Platform & Technical teams to ensure constant stable builds and a continuous improvement of our processes
- Communicating using specific terminology to better aid technical understanding of bugs
A few things about you:
- At least 2 years experience in a QA role, ideally in a mobile app or gaming environment
- A genuine passion and knowledge for latest developments of mobile platforms and technologies
- Experienced in establishing & maintaining QA processes and tools as well as hands-on testing
- Experience with database & test case management, and creating effective test plans
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, new challenges and emerging technologies
- Ability to work/communicate with different disciplines
- Studious attention to detail for finding/reporting bugs
- Ideally suited to someone from the gaming/design industry
- Great written and verbal communication skills with an ability to explain in Layman’s terms
- Able to adapt to working in an office environment or working from home
- An active interest in formatting and punctuation of a high standard
Other than the exciting work, any other pluses to working at Zappar?
Our Zappar family are based in a lovely (dog-friendly!) office in beautiful leafy Chiswick complete with shower facilities and bike storage and surrounded by some amazing shops, coffee shops and pubs. We also host a monthly Friday breakfast (or online meeting due to Covid) and a quarterly team lunch where we all get together for updates on the company performance. We truly are at the cutting edge of AR and have just been recognized as one of Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’.
We actively encourage underrepresented applicants: if you need any assistance or additional information with applying, please contact Shaun Mcinally-Buckley (Head of People).