We are Zappar, the world’s leading Augmented Reality platform and creative studio. It's our mission to democratize AR & MR (Mixed Reality).
During our decade in the industry, our Creative Studio team has built over a thousand AR experiences in partnership with some of the world's biggest brands (like Nestle, Warner Bros., Hasbro, Rovio, 7-Eleven and more). Our team have been pioneers in showcasing how AR technology can transform packaging, illuminate events, reimagine L&D and elevate marketing campaigns with innovative, engaging content.
Our Augmented Reality development toolkit, ZapWorks, puts the power of AR in the hands of designers and developers of all abilities. Targeting a wide range of business customers, from Learning & Development teams at Fortune 500 companies, to some of the most innovative AR creative agencies across the world, our platform and suite of creative tools enable customers of all levels of technical and design abilities to push the boundaries of interactive creativity.
We are also the proud creators of ZapBox, the first and most affordable, mixed reality kit on the market that allows developers and businesses to design, build and create 3D experiences at a price-point for the mass market.
What we’re looking for
It’s an exciting time to become a Product Marketing Manager at Zappar. Having celebrated our 10th year of trading earlier this year, we are entering a new and exciting phase of growth.
As the Product Marketing Manager, you will work across our marketing, product and sales teams to present our products in ways that will strengthen our brand and boost sales. You will be able to make an immediate impact on our organization, playing a critical role in a rapidly scaling company. You will report to our Head of Marketing.
You will own product launches, sales training and customer marketing. You will be focused on helping our product team go to market with new features to drive customer adoption. You will work directly with our customers, documenting their needs and using your insight to help our entire GTM function speak more clearly to our two core audiences: immersive agencies and in-house, big brands.
What you’ll be doing
- Partnering with product managers on product launches & product marketing campaigns, ensuring our customers and prospects know the value of our products and how to use them.
- You’d be briefing sales on new product releases, creating sales enablement materials and working with the support team to produce training materials.
- Working with the Learning and Support team to develop new product tutorials, demos, templates and step-by-step guides.
- Persona development and product messaging - you’d own our Ideal Customer Profile, continually improving it to adapt to market trends and competition.
- You’d become a champion for our customers. Understanding their needs, why they chose our product and how they use it.
- Help translate technical details into benefits for our prospects and customers, specifically thinking about our SDKs for developers, Universal AR.
- You’d also manage our community. We have a growing community of AR hobbyists and developers. You’d be in charge of community engagement and growth.
- You’d become a regular contributor to our content. Writing blog posts and step-by-steps, and recording product marketing videos for our social channels, including YouTube, Instagram and LinkedIn.
What you’ll bring to the table
We’re looking for a PMM with a technical background that is bright, inquisitive and hungry to learn. The right person will be an expert at working cross-functionally and will relish the opportunity to develop a deep understanding (and passion for) augmented reality and our customers.
You know what great marketing looks like and what it takes to create impactful marketing campaigns that influence consumer behavior. You’ll have a good understanding of the marketing mix and the role product marketing plays within it.
You like to figure things out. You’re an investigator, a researcher, and are not afraid to go deep into the market to understand more about our competitors and target audience to create more effective go-to-market campaigns.
You have an appreciation for great products and the unique problems they solve. You understand what it takes to effectively position a product and communicate its value to its intended audience.
You’re a great communicator and can work effectively across teams to align on wider company goals and objectives. You can rally other teams around your ideas and can communicate the value of technical features and functionalities to the wider company.
You are someone who can write great copy, and understands the importance of every word and how it impacts the customer journey. You’ll love to optimize product messaging, to ensure we’re saying the right things to the right people.
You’re a taskmaster, you like to get things done and know how to prioritize to get the most valuable tasks done first. You can demonstrate your ability to take ownership and to hit deadlines, to ensure product marketing campaigns are launched on time and in alignment with the product team.
- If you have a technical understanding of game engines and development frameworks like Unity, three.js, A-Frame or React
- You’re passionate about immersive technology
- If you’ve created an online community (YouTube, Twitch, Podcast, Newsletter, etc)
Culture at Zappar
While our Zappar family has got a lovely (dog-friendly!) office in beautiful, leafy Chiswick complete with shower facilities, bike storage and surrounded by some amazing shops, coffee shops and pubs, we run a ‘work where you work best’ policy (UK only) so you can work remotely if you wish. We operate flexible start and finish times to make life a bit easier for anyone who wants to spend time with their children, join an exercise class etc.
For those in the office, we have Friday drinks. We host weekly all-hands meetings and we have a quarterly town hall where we all get together for updates on the company performance. Our socials have included tours of the Sipsmith’s distillery and a team scavenger hunt across London.
We truly are at the cutting edge of AR and have been recognized as one of Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’.
We actively encourage underrepresented applicants: if you need any assistance or additional information with applying, please contact Shaun Mcinally-Buckley (Head of People).