We are Zappar, an award winning
AR platform and creative studio rolled into one. It's our mission to democratize AR & MR.
Our team have created groundbreaking experiences for the world's biggest brands - showcasing how AR technology can transform packaging, illuminate events and elevate marketing campaigns with innovative, engaging content.
Our ZapWorks toolkit
puts the power of AR in the hands of designers and developers, enabling them to push the boundaries of interactive creativity, both with and without code.
We are also the proud creators of ZapBox
, the first affordable, mixed reality kit that allows developers and businesses to reimagine how they design, build and create 3D experiences.
About this role
As a member of our ZapWorks Support and Documentation team, our new Instructional Designer will produce content designed to teach users how to build AR experiences with ZapWorks, and subsequently deliver this in the form of webinars and workshops.
As part of the support team, you will have a chance to speak directly to users, resolving their issues and using feedback to directly inform the training and documentation materials you create.
Using the assets created by our designers and 3D artists, you will create this content with our ZapWorks Studio tool, though you will also have the chance to run workshops and webinars for ZapWorks Designer (which has some exciting updates on the way!).
What you’ll be doing:
A few things about you:
- Designing and delivering ZapWorks training workshops for clients
- Hosting regular webinars on ZapWorks
- Assisting ZapWorks users as part of the technical support team
- Writing technical documentation for the documentation site
- Creating engaging content for our ZapWorks tutorials
These things would also be a bonus:
- Experience and proficiency in curriculum and/or instructional design for academic, corporate or adult learning
- You have experience delivering training or education
- You’re a confident presenter and good at describing technical concepts to non-technical people
- You have a high level of written and spoken English
Other than the exciting work, any other pluses to working at Zappar?
- You have some basic design skills (Photoshop, Sketch, etc.)
- You have some experience working with AR creation software
- Basic video editing skills
Our Zappar family are based in a lovely (dog-friendly!) office in beautiful leafy Chiswick complete with shower facilities, bike storage and surrounded by some amazing shops, coffee shops and pubs.
We operate flexible start and finish times to make life a bit easier for anyone who wants to spend time with their children, join an exercise class or just have a lie in! Every Friday, we have drinks and we also host a monthly Friday breakfast and a quarterly team lunch where we all get together for updates on the company performance.
Our socials have included tours of the Sipsmith’s distillery and a team scavenger hunt across London. We truly are at the cutting edge of AR and have just been recognized as one of Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’.
Or send a CV over to email@example.com and tell us a bit about yourself.
Please note that Zappar will store all applications on record for 90 days. If you would like us to delete your data before that time, please let us know and we will do so within 7 days.