We are Zappar, the world’s leading Augmented Reality platform and creative studio. It's our mission to democratize AR & MR (Mixed Reality).
During our decade in the industry, our Creative Studio team has built over a thousand AR experiences in partnership with some of the world's biggest brands (like Nestle, Warner Bros., Hasbro, Rovio, 7-Eleven and more). Our team have been pioneers in showcasing how AR technology can transform packaging, illuminate events, reimagine L&D and elevate marketing campaigns with innovative, engaging content.
Our Augmented Reality development toolkit, ZapWorks, puts the power of AR in the hands of designers and developers of all abilities. Targeting a wide range of business customers, from Learning & Development teams at Fortune 500 companies, to some of the most innovative AR creative agencies across the world, our platform and suite of creative tools enables customers of all levels of technical and design abilities to push the boundaries of interactive creativity.
We are also the proud creators of ZapBox, the first and most affordable, mixed reality kit on the market that allows developers and businesses to design, build and create 3D experiences at a price-point for the mass market.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a dedicated and dynamic Sales leader to help us refine and scale our SaaS Sales function. There’s a real people-focus to the role in terms of developing and expanding on our existing team so you’ll be an experienced manager who finds unearthing and nurturing talent really rewarding. You’ll also be putting into place new sales strategies that will help to drive revenue as well as monitoring and reporting on sales goals and adjusting tactics as needed to reach them.
What you’ll be doing:
- People: ensuring we secure and retain great talent in the sales team. Sales is a lead-driven but headcount-closed business (to hit your numbers, you're going to need the right heads).
- Coaching reps on their current deals: reviewing their pipelines, pointing out obstacles, identifying opportunities as well as working and closing key deals with them. Spotting issues before they become problems and seeing opportunities ahead of the horizon. Making sure your team works as effectively as possible by running weekly call review sessions.
- Optimizing the sales process and tactics: creating sales scripts, email templates, and reusable demo agendas; perfecting the stages of the sales process; understanding which features speak to which prospects.
- Working closely with our customer success team on segmenting customers, developing our ideal customer profiles and helping to ensure a smooth hand-over and overall customer journey.
- Working with our internal teams to better define our offering and strategy. Optimizing how best to work with Marketing and getting feature gaps filled with Product. Learning and understanding how to maximize the revenue per lead.
- Closing business: the role will have its own sales quota especially when it comes to our larger corporate accounts and opportunities (however the emphasis is on leading a great team and meeting the total sales targets).
What we’re looking for:
These things would also be a bonus:
- SaaS or Martech sales experience - particularly with sales modelling and budgeting.
- Sales coaching/ management experience.
- Experience working with a Product team so you can best understand our offering and genuinely articulate the value of it.
- Comfortable commenting on product strategy: you bring your experience to the table to help influence decision making.
- Great communication skills: we need you to be an advocate for your team and build strategic internal relationships where necessary to ensure that you’re setting people up for success.
- Be able to drive revenue per lead as CLTV is a key metric for our sales growth for our platform
- Knowledge or an interest in immersive technology.
- Passionate about the XR industry and have an understanding of the jargon.
These aren’t exhaustive by the way - if you feel you have the skills to succeed in the role, please do get in touch!
Culture at Zappar
While our Zappar family has got a lovely (dog-friendly!) office in beautiful, leafy Chiswick complete with shower facilities, bike storage and surrounded by some amazing shops, coffee shops and pubs, we run a ‘work where you work best’ policy (UK only) so you can work remotely if you wish. We operate flexible start and finish times to make life a bit easier for anyone who wants to spend time with their children, join an exercise class etc.
For those in the office, we have Friday drinks. We host weekly all-hands meetings and we have a quarterly town hall where we all get together for updates on the company performance. Our socials have included tours of the Sipsmith’s distillery and a team scavenger hunt across London.
We truly are at the cutting edge of AR and have been recognized as one of Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’.
We actively encourage underrepresented applicants: if you need any assistance or additional information with applying, please contact Alys Martin (Head of People). alys(dot)martin(at)zappar(dot)com