We are Zappar, the world’s leading Augmented Reality platform and Creative Studio. It's our mission to democratize AR & MR.
Our ZapWorks toolkit puts the power of AR in the hands of designers and developers, enabling them to push the boundaries of interactive creativity, both with and without coding ability.
Our Creative Studio has created groundbreaking experiences for the world's biggest brands - showcasing how AR technology can transform packaging, illuminate events and elevate marketing campaigns with innovative, engaging content.
We are also the proud creators of All-new ZapBox, the first affordable, mixed reality kit that allows developers and businesses to reimagine how they design, build and create 3D experiences.
What you will be doing
A few things about you:
- Working on big name client projects, implementing critical infrastructure for prize awarding, leaderboards for games experiences, lightweight CMS building and creating simple bespoke APIs as required
- Integrating 3rd-party services and APIs as needed by our in-house creative team
- Back-end feature work including working on interesting concepts for clients
- Supporting the creative team on client calls to ensure and discuss the technical feasibility of projects
- Supporting Sales and Production with the technical implementation of client projects
- Knowledge of AWS best practices and experience working with Lambda and DynamoDB. We’re happy to train you up to be AWS certified, if you aren’t already.
- Proficient in Node.js
- Experience in writing technical documentation
- Excellent communication skills to explain technical issues clearly to clients
- Experience in delivering a number of different projects with conflicting deadlines/priorities
These things would also be a bonus:
Other than the exciting work, any other pluses to working at Zappar?
- Interest in immersive technologies
While our Zappar family has got a lovely (dog-friendly!) office in beautiful, leafy Chiswick complete with shower facilities, bike storage and surrounded by some amazing shops, coffee shops and pubs, we run a ‘work where you work best’ policy (UK only!) so you can be fully remote if you wish. We operate flexible start and finish times to make life a bit easier for anyone who wants to spend time with their children, join an exercise class or just have a lie in!
For those in the office, we have Friday drinks and we have a quarterly town hall where we all get together for updates on the company performance. Our socials have included tours of the Sipsmith’s distillery and a team scavenger hunt across London. We truly are at the cutting edge of AR and have been recognized as one of Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’.
We actively encourage underrepresented applicants: if you need any assistance or additional information with applying, please contact Alys Martin (Head of People).